Monday, January 16, 2012

First post. Ever.

So...

I never though I would ever join the blogging force - Especially since I've never felt that I could contribute with that much. Seems like this might change though. 

A little background:
I'm currently making the transition from teacher to software developer.

First of all: I'm one of those people who thinks both computer science, math and physics are fun and interesting subjects. Actually, I'm kind of a sucker for technology, scientific methods and objectivity in general. Due to this, I started reading math and physics (without any concise goal) at a swedish university college. After some year, I realized I actually had to work with something too. Seeing how I liked talking about my areas of expertise until people were sick of me, I enrolled at a Master of Educations programme (teacher education), with math and physics as my areas.

Somewhere along the way, I picked up an old interest (software development), which used to take up a lot of my spare time. I started taking some evening classes at college in different programming languages, such as C++ and VB.NET, continuing with some summer classes every year. At the time where I got my education master, I was well on my way to another degree, but this time a bachelor in computer engineering.

Long story short: I've worked in the swedish school system (gymnasium, or "pre"-college, roughly ages 16-19) for the last three years and has worked towards my bachelor the entire time. Today I'm doing my thesis work and I'm about to start a new job as a .NET consultant in a couple of months at Edument AB, something that I'm really looking forward too.

This blog is my outlet, I guess. I'll try to document and share some of my experience as developer. I'll try to share some insight into starting a new career and, hopefully, I'll be able to share some tips and tricks for other developers out there.

Perhaps no one will read this post - I don't mind right now. It might be fun to look back at in a year.
Who knows.

... My first post after this one will most definitely be about my first experience with ReSharper 6.1 ;)

1 comment:

  1. I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts.
    doors next

    ReplyDelete